GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Senior Project Manager will manage software implementation projects of GE software for customers as part of the new GE Digital business. The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes within the IDI segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business go.
This role is responsible for the for the execution and leadership of projects including analyzing the equipment (or processes) to be modeled, model building, software configuration, quality assurance, scheduling and tracking of resources, financial status, schedule and margin targets for SmartSignal projects. Additional responsibilities include communication with 3rd party vendors and other GE organizations (inside and outside of GE Digital). The Project Manager will also provide technical leadership/mentoring to personnel supporting the assigned projects.
- Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in the US and abroad, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
- Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
- Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Negotiate change orders with the customers
- Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
- Lead as assigned and when necessary a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
- Effectively understand reliability methodologies and enforces project implementation standards.
- Lead project scheduling including resource allocation, kickoff, design, implementation, installation, testing, user acceptance testing, start-up/go-live, and turnover to services.
- Ensure milestone compliance accountable for revenue forecast and recognition reference to assigned Project requirements and schedule.
- Validate sold project scope and project estimation developed by ITO team and control contract scope and initiation / management of change orders
- Proactively solve problems, breakdown barriers, and implement solutions utilizing the collective skills of the APM team, and other GE divisions, as required.
- Coordinate and lead progress meetings with customer and business leadership (financial, technical, issue/risk updates, etc.)
- Collaborate with Product Development Team, Commercial Team, Customers, Solution Providers (Partner / Integrators), and other cross-functional teams as required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college with at least 3 years of experience in an engineering or project management position)
- At least 3 additional year of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
- At least 1 - 3 years of project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Must be willing to travel 70% nationally and internationally
- Minimum of 1-3 years of working on projects in the Power Generation or Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of project management or project lead experience in executing APM projects
- Previous experience in the software industry, preferably software services
- Understanding of GE software products such as Predix, Proficy, CSense, Meridium, Smart Signal, SAP, Maximo, OSI PI, Honeywell PHD,
- Experience in managing projects using MS Project
- Fluent in English. Arabic is a plus
- Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies data sources required to execute analytic; With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques; Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives; Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate; Applies data visualization to support finding.
- Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use. Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management. Defines quality requirements.
- Modifies processes to simplify.
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues. Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions. Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices. Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques. Serves as expert to solve highly critical escalated issues.
- Develops plans and identifies metrics to measure GE impact to customer's bottom line, clearly articulating the GE value proposition.
- Increases client engagement to further pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution. Engages and influences other business functions to deliver to customer success factors. Demonstrates empathy and drives actions based on customer situations and needs.
- Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
- Leverages knowledge of market and customer segment in order to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer. Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.