Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Envato is the leading marketplace for creative assets and creative people. With more than 300 staff and contractors worldwide, we've helped a community of creative sellers earn more than $500 Million. Millions of people around the world choose our marketplace, studio and courses to buy files, hire freelancers, or learn the skills needed to build websites, videos, apps, graphics and more. You might be surprised to know that we run some of the biggest websites in the world. We're also growing really fast!
We are looking for a Senior Engineering Manager for our Platform Engineering team. The opportunity is to lead five teams of developers who build and operate the shared services and tooling that underpin Envato's online properties. These teams work closely with stakeholders including teams that rely on the services they provide, commercial and subject matter experts to provide essential financial, identity management and infrastructure services to the rest of the organisation.
We have three Senior Engineering Manager opportunities (all at a similar level) across our team at Envato. Your application will be considered for all open roles across the Envato marketplace.
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will be the leader of a technical team that works collaboratively with commercial, product, programme and other teams to operate and evolve Envato's online businesses. Your responsibilities cover technical operations for large web platforms, people management of large teams and delivery of large projects. You will play a key role in preserving and strengthening Envato's technical culture that emphasises taking ownership and responsibility, while acting as a trusted advisor to non-technical colleagues.
You will be able to establish and maintain great stakeholder relationships, provide coaching and mentoring to managers reporting to you, oversee the delivery of initiatives, monitor operational performance including budgets for infrastructure and tools, manage technical risks and contribute to company wide technical discussions and initiatives. You will be able to pragmatically balance short and long term consideration as well as technical and commercial ones while strengthening our culture and keeping Envato a great place to work.
What we're looking for
- More than five years experience leading large software teams and managing managers, with high engagement and great people practices
- Ideally more than ten years of experience driving highly effective technology teams, be it in technical or project/program leadership
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- An excellent approach to matching work and people that gets the best out of the team and the best result for the business
- A proven track record in driving great new functionality to market, working cross functionally and in an Agile way
- Excellent planning skills and experience, naturally capable of seeing dependencies and driving others to deliver, while maintaining great relationships - a diplomat yet a driver of great outcomes
- Ideally experienced in fast growing digital companies, requiring ongoing planning and frequent re-forecasting
- Solid commercial and financial skills proven managing large teams and supplier relationships
- Displays integrity and ethical behaviour; interacts fairly, honestly and professionally in all business dealings in line withEnvato’s Values
- Ability to take and give constructive feedback
A Great Team and Culture
- We were recently named Australia's Coolest Tech Company by JobAdvisor and one of the Best Places to Work in Australia
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- Future career progression will be available across the entire business - we're big on internal opportunities and professional growth!
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we'd like to hear from you.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the application questions. Good luck!